PARIS – Christopher Summers was elected Chairman of the Board of Selectmen for 2021-2022 on Monday.
He has been vice-president for a year. Scott McElravy will serve as Vice President for the coming year.
Monday’s meeting was the first for newly elected Selectman Walter Perry, who beat former President Rusty Brackett earlier this month.
City Manager Dawn Noyes read a letter from Acting Buckfield City Manager Bradley Plante thanking City Clerk Elizabeth Knox and city officials for helping Buckfield organize his June 8 election. The municipal office has also been helping Buckfield officials since November by dealing with car registrations. This deal is expected to end this month.
Selectmen also accepted a special entertainment license for the Celebration Barn Theater on Stock Farm Road. The council had renewed the liquor license at its last meeting.
McElravy filed a citizen complaint about speeding vehicles on Ryerson Hill Road and hoped the city could do something to slow down traffic on that stretch of road.
Noyes reminded everyone that the municipal office will close at 1 p.m. Wednesday to allow city officials to close files for this exercise.
The board has also made multiple appointments among its administrative and administrative staff. They include:
• City Manager Dawn Noyes.
• Clerk, Treasurer and Tax Collector Elizabeth Knox.
• Deputy Registrar, Treasurer and Collector Dian Rainey and Kristina Moberg.
• Accountant and Assistant Treasurer Maryann Lessmith.
• Code Enforcement Officer, Building and Plumbing Inspector and 911 Addressing Agent Richard Maguire.
• General assistance administrator Kristina Moberg.
• Dawn Noyes, Assistant Administrator of General Assistance.
• Director of Recreation Candice Jack.
• Sexton Dana Chandler.
• Animal Control Officer Robert Larrabee.
• Police Chief Michael Dailey.
• Police officers Nicholas Gilbert, Alan Coffin, Caroline Casey, Raymond Paar, James Labbe, Michelle Legare, Timothy Holland, Candice Jack.
• Road Commissioner James Hutchinson.
• Fire Chief Mark Blaquiere.
Nominations are until June 30, 2022.
Oxford County Arrest Log: June 28, 2021