Welcome to the coverage of the Albuquerque City and School Board Race Journal in the 2021 election.
Here you will find key dates and voter information, links to published press articles, and information and questionnaires for many local candidates. It will also include links to our coverage of bond issues on the ballot, including the city’s proposal to issue $ 50 million in bonds to build a new stadium for United.
This is a work in progress and ABQjournal will continue to add journal content, including our editorial board approvals as they become available.
Contact Martin Salazar [email protected] if you are looking for additional information. For official election information, including where to register to vote, call the Bernalillo County Clerk at (505) 468-1290.
We hope you find these resources useful. See you at the polls.
– Martin Salazar, city editor
- October 5: The clerks begin to send the ballot papers by mail to the voters who requested them. Postal voting begins – mail or hand deliver your completed postal ballot. Beginning of the registration of absences in person and of the same day (SDR) in the clerk’s annex (Monday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Oct 16-30: Early voting and DTS run, Monday through Saturday, most locations open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. For the locations of the ballot boxes, click here
- October 28: Deadline for receipt of absenteeism requests. Applications received after the 28th will be rejected, even if they are postmarked on the 28th.
- October 29: On the last day, county clerks can send postal ballots to voters who request them.
- November 2: Election day 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Ballots for absentees must be returned to the clerk’s office no later than 7 p.m.
Albuquerque Journal and its journalists are committed to telling the stories of our community.
â¢ Do you have a question that you would like someone to try to answer for you? Do you have a bright spot to share?
We want to hear from you. Please email [email protected]